What could be better than indulging in authentic Hawaiian cuisine on the Garden Isle of Kauai? Start with 1 part incredible views, add in a large dose of locally grown Island food, include friends and family and you have the perfect vacation at Hanalei Bay Resort!
Kauai has rich volcanic soil that produces some of the most exotic fruits and vegetables anywhere in the world. Let’s take a culinary adventure!
There’s an abundance of colorful, tropical fruits that grow on the Garden Isle, and here are just a few of our favorites:
Considered a “super fruit”, Dragon Fruit is high in antioxidants and fiber and is believed to reduce signs of aging. It is also known to help diabetes and arthritis. Best of all, it’s very tasty!
Nothing pairs better with a vacation in Kauai than a fresh slice of Guava. Rich in vitamin C, this beautiful fruit is sweet and always in season on the garden Isle.
Known by Native Hawaiian’s as Lilikoi, this popular fruit (comes in yellow or red) grows year round and can be eaten by itself or as a delightful flavoring in everything from ice cream to your favorite beverages. Refreshing for families to enjoy on a warm vacation day in Kauai!
The best part, you can find these luscious fruits freshly squeezed and added to many refreshing tropical beverages right at The Ukulele Bar! Located in the pool at Hanalei Bay Resort, The Ukulele Bar is Kauai’s only swim-up bar.
Bask in the cool waters, enjoy the breathtaking views and sip on your favorite fresh Hawaiian fruit beverages right in the resort’s award winning pool.
**A kid friendly fun fruit tip: just 10 minutes away from Hanalei Bay Resort, the Kauai Juice Co presses one of a kind fresh tropical juices.
Kauai is known for its luscious and colorful foliage. This also includes an incredible array of vegetables! A few of our favorites to grab on the go are avocados, purple potatoes, cucumbers, and even eggplant. Everything truly tastes fresher on the island of Kauai.
If you’re in the mood for an island dish that includes protein, try making this authentic Hawaiian Huli Huli chicken recipe right from the comfort of the kitchen in your condo at Hanalei Bay Resort.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 2-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 24 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 5 pounds)
- Stir together the first six ingredients. cover and refrigerate. Save a cup of the marinade for basting. In two large resealable plastic bags divide remaining marinade. Add 12 chicken thighs to each bag. Make sure chicken is coated. Refrigerate for 8 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken.
- Grill chicken, covered, on an oiled rack over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side. Make sure your chicken is not pink! Use the reserved marinade to baste for the last five minutes. Recipe from Taste Of Home
Come enjoy the best cuisine that Kauai has to offer and experience the amazing foods of the Garden Island! Book now or simply join our email list below for exclusive details!
[pardot-form id=”1892″ title=”HBR – Send Me Deals”]